Women in Business Gender Equality Human Trafficking Violence Against Women Women/Girls' Health Girls/Teens Professional Development General UN and BPWI Partners & Initiatives Government Commemorative Dates
- The websites listed on this page are sites contain resources that pertain to BPW's mandate.
- The websites have been categorized, though, quite a few can fit into more than category.
- Most of the websites are Canadian National sites with the exception of the United Nations and BPW International sites.
A downloadable list, that includes a short description of most websites (and some additional websites) is available in both category sort and alpha sort.
The root of BPW’s advocacy is embedded in the work with the United Nations. BPW lobbied for the formation of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) and supported many women’s issues.
BPW International has representation at UN Headquarters in New York, Vienna, Geneva; UN regional offices (UNECA, UNECE, UNESCAP, UNESCWA, UNECLAC); UNESCO, UNICEF, ILO, WHO, UNCTAD, UNIDO, FAO, UN Global Communications (formerly DPI); Council of Europe; European Women’s Lobby and continues to work closely with UN Women.
Status: BPW has Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) since 1947 and with the Council of Europe since 1977. Also is a member of Civil Society of Organization of American States (OAS) since 2009.
Partnerships: UN Women, UN Global Compact, International Trade Centre and Global Summit of Women.
Coaliiton: Conferences of Non Government Organizations (CoNGO) and Project Five-O.
- Canada's Ministry (The Cabinet)
- Canada's MP's
- Women and Gender Equality Canada (WAGE) (Formerly Status of Women Canada)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Women and Girls
- Government of Canada
- Government of Nunavut
- Government of Northwest Territories
- Government of Yukon
- Government of British Columbia
- Government of Alberta
- Government of Saskatchewan
- Government of Manitoba
- Government of Ontario
- Government of Quebec
- Government of New Brunswick
- Government of Nova Scotia
- Government of Prince Edward Island
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador