Who We Are
The Canadian Coalition to Empower Women was formed to advance equality between women and men, girls and boys in Canada; recognizing it is essential to build strong economies, establish more stable and just societies, and improve the quality of life for all women, men and their families in communities across Canada.
Grounded in the Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) and leveraging the empowerwomen.org platform for change we;
- Start the dialogue by acknowledging that it will take all of us and all interested parties from every stakeholder group to make gender equality a reality in Canada,
- Build partnerships with businesses of all sizes, government at all levels, and all other stakeholders including civil society, community service, business and labour organizations,
- Explore and promote awareness of the benefits of gender equality,
- Promote Women’s Economic Empowerment Community Building events and activities
- Invite all interested parties to become signatories to the CCEW Statement of Support
- Introduce the UN Global Compact and UN Women CEO WEPs Statement of Support to medium and large businesses that meet the UN WEPs criteria and assist with their submission.