BPW is about...Connection, Growth, Positive Change and a Voice at all levels of the organization:
- Grass Roots Local Club
- District or Region
The Membership Model is comprised of Four Cornerstones:
- Women's Issues
- Personal Development
- Leadership Skills and Career Advancement
- Supportive Networking and Lasting Friendships
BPW Meets the Changing Needs of Members across time through Depth, Longevity & Diversity.
Membership in BPW is not about being all things to all people. Instead, it is about recognizing that by the very nature of our club's mandate we can offer a range of activities and opportunity for participation that can satisfy the unique needs and changing circumstances of each individual member. BPW as an organization for women fully recognizes that women throughout their career paths and life stages will desire different types and levels of participation. BPW offers its members an organization with longevity since (1930), with depth (local, provincial, national and international) and diversity with membership from across all occupational sectors.
- Access to current information on issues affecting women.
- Shaping, lobbying and influencing the world around us through resolutions, letters and briefs to governments at all levels.
- Influence at United Nations as Category One Status through our international federation.
- Debating the issues and developing background research for resolutions.
- Insight into the big picture of our mandate "improving the economic, social, and political status of women".
- BPW Canada's Resolutions Database
- Formal: Monthly dinner meetings, guest speakers, special events, mentoring, provincial conferences, conventions and congresses.
- Informal: Sharing/mentoring and learning from a diverse membership comprised of a wide range of occupations and experience.
- Career Skills Achievement Program© offers members an economical, timely and practical skill development program. The General Studies Program offers programs in mentoring, time management, public speaking, meeting management, handling sexual harassment and business etiquette.
- Club activities and opportunities to serve in a range of leadership capacities: local club executive, provincial, national and international boards, multiple committees, and ad hoc initiatives at all levels of the organization.
- Leadership Learning Modules and Webinars for BPW Canada members.
- Learning to work with others and developing leadership skills that value and respect a healthy diversity of ideas, cultures and approaches can successfully position members for the advancement of their professional, personal and/or political aspirations.
- Club meetings and projects, district/regional meetings, provincial conferences, national conventions and international congresses.
- Connection through club rosters, internet, and club committees.