BPW International President: 2017 - 2020
BPW International President's Message
Empowering Women to Realize the Sustainable Development Goals
Excerpt: "If our founder Dr. Lena Madesin Phillips were here today, she would be very proud to see BPW growing and continuing to advocate for gender equality, as well as empowering women on all platforms. It brings me great pleasure to see BPW sisters celebrating our 88th Anniversary with pride, embracing diversity and inclusion, uniting the world through our strength and committing to achieve a global agenda under our 2017-2020 triennium theme: Empowering Women to realize the Sustainable Development Goals. Complete Message.
BPW International's President's Message
Candle Lighting Ceremony 2019
Raise Your Head and Go Ahead
"My very dear BPW sisters across the world,
It is my real pleasure to address you all during the Candle Lighting Ceremony 2019. My theme this year for the Candle lighting ceremony is “Raise Your Head and Go Ahead”.
When you believe in yourself, when you have faith in your work, when you fight for the best, when you put in all your efforts, when you are full of enthusiasm and when you are motivated to achieve your goals...you often hope for support and encouragement from others...". Read More...
I am also responsible for coordinating the communications to our members throughout this biennium. My team and I will get the information to our clubs through our website, newsletters and social media. We want to ensure you have all the information you need to be successful advocates for women and business.
We will continue our commitment:
- To regularly update our national website so that members and non-members can be informed of the most recent work of the Canadian Federation of Business and Professional Women, as well as understand its proud history and legacy
- To release regular newsletters so that members are informed of the key highlights
- To share resources and best practices at all levels of BPW
- To enhance the skills and leadership within BPW Canada, and to foster partnerships with like-minded organizations
- To employ consultation, dialogue, and the constructive exchange of ideas to advance women in the workplace, the community, and around the world.
- To all of our members, thank you for this opportunity to serve and to all non-members, please consider joining BPW, it will be one of the best decisions you have ever made.
2018 - 2020
BPW Canada International Affairs Chair
BPW International has several Taskforces chaired by BPW members across the globe. Click here to view a list of BPW International's Taskforces.
The International Trade Centre (ITC) is fully dedicated to supporting the internationalization of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). It enables SMEs in developing and transition economies to become more competitive and connect to international markets for trade and investment, thus raising incomes and creating job opportunities, especially for women, young people, and poor communities. Established in 1964, the International Trade Centre, is the joint agency of the World Trade Organization and the United Nations.
BPW International collaborates with ITC to promote “SheTrades” to create greater opportunities for women entrepreneurs and encourage BPW members to register, connect and trade with women-owned businesses.
SheTrades Global Initiative
- SheTrades is ITC’s flagship initiative to empower women economically through trade.
- Goal: Connect 1 million women to the market by 2020 through partnerships to build their skills and link them to trade and investment opportunities.
- Plan: Influence change across seven pillars of action to expand opportunities for women entrepreneurs.
- Web and Mobile Application: Enable women entrepreneurs to showcase their businesses, find partners, access trade information, and connect with markets on a free-to-use web and SheTrades mobile application.
Click here for more information on BPWI and ITC.