|BPW International 2017-2020||BPWI Business Net||The 17 SDG's||BPWC International Affairs|
|North American Region||BPWI Young BPW|
|Dr. Amany Asfour, BPW International President|
The International Trade Centre (ITC), in Geneva Switzerland, is a UN body and a subsidiary of the World Trade Organization (WTO). Each year ITC facilitates the Women Vendors Exhibition Forum, SheTrades Global, which is held to enable buyers of multinational corporations to connect women-owned managed and controlled businesses (WOE's) to offer business opportunities, mentoring and access to the global supply chain.
Please complete the BPW International Business Registration to have your business registered and receive all the news and communications on business opportunities. You may only attend the SheTrades Global events as a member of a trade support institution (TSI) such as BPW International.
"On 1 January 2016, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development — adopted by world leaders in September 2015 at a historic UN Summit — officially came into force. Over the next fifteen years, with these new Goals that universally apply to all, countries will mobilize efforts to end all forms of poverty, fight inequalities and tackle climate change, while ensuring that no one is left behind."
As First Vice President of BPW Canada and International Affairs Chair, I am committed to advance the status of women and in particular Gender Economic Parity. I was extremely honoured to attend the CSW61 at the United Nations in New York where BPW International led our delegation in awareness and advocacy events. I am also responsible for coordinating the communications to our members throughout this biennium. My team and I will get the information to our clubs through our website, newsletters and social media. We want to ensure you have all the information you need to be successful advocates for women and business.
We will continue our commitment:
- To regularly update our national website so that members and non-members can be informed of the most recent work of the Canadian Federation of Business and Professional Women, as well as understand its proud history and legacy;
- To update the executive and members’ sections on our national website so that you have timely, helpful information to assist in your short term and long term decisions;
- To release regular newsletters so that members are informed of the key highlights;
- To share resources and best practices at all levels of BPW;
- To enhance the skills and leadership within BPW Canada, and to foster partnerships with like-minded organizations; and;
- To employ consultation, dialogue, and the constructive exchange of ideas to advance women in the workplace, the community, and around the world.
To all of our members, thank you for this opportunity to serve and to all non-members, please consider joining BPW, it will be one of the best decisions you have ever made.
2016 - 2018
BPW Canada International Chair
BPW Canada First Vice-President
BPW Canada is a member of the North American and Caribbean Region of BPW International.
Dawne E. Williams
BPW International Regional Coordinator
North America and the Caribbean Region
BPW International executive includes a Young BPW Representative who represents the interests of those under 35 years of age. If you're 35 or younger this may be of great interest to you. Visit BPW International's Young BPW website.
Meet Neelima Basnet, BPW Canada's Young BPW International Representative
Click here to read the BPW International Young BPW Representative.
Please note that BPW Canada's Executive also has a Young BPW Representative. Visit the Young BPW Canada page here.